If you own a Samsung android device and you need to flash in the official ROM (firmware). With the Odin Downloader, you can get OTA Updates and another benefit the device manufacturing is giving to their users.
Before you start to flash the stock ROM, please make sure you make a back up of the previous ROM. A charged battery is required to be the process. We will not be responsible if anything goes wrong, Good luck.
Why you need the Odin Downloader.
- Downgrade or Upgrade your phone
You can use Odin Downloader to flash Stock ROM to downgrade your smartphone or upgrade your phone to Android KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo or later. It depends on the release of the firmware or your choice if the option is available.
Like we said before, you can use Odin Downloader to completely unbrick any bricked smartphone. Smartphones can be bricked in the process of rooting or flashing a custom firmware or rom or recovery.
You can also use your smartphone stock firmware to completely unroot any smartphone. You also can regain your warranty by properly flashing the official stock firmware. It can be done by reverting back to the official stock firmware of your phone if your smartphone has tampered.
- Fix Issues on your smartphone.
Your smartphone might develop an issue which might be unknown to it you, if it a software related issue, you can restore and fix it by flashing the stock firmware for your smartphone. Today, we are presenting all the Official Firmware, both Official releases and updates following it. You can download all your smartphone Firmware here. If you experience any problem with any of the files, don’t hesitate to tell us.
Requirements to flash your smartphone with Odin Downloader.
How to install Samsung Stock Firmware using Odin Flash Tool
- Step 1: Download Official Firmware for Samsung from the given source and extract it on your computer.
- Step 2: Download Odin Software and install it on your computer.
- Step 3: Turn off your phone. Now go to the Odin Mode. How? Press and hold Volume down + Power + Home button until you see a warning message. Press Volume Up to enter into the download mode.
- Step 4: Open Odin on your computer and connect your device while in download / Odin mode.
- Step 5: Odin must recognize your phone. If your computer detects the phone correctly, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. You will see “Added!!” message is appearing in the Log box. This might take some minutes.
- Step 6: Load the Firmware into the Odin. You need to select the files that you had extracted in step 1.
- Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in its name. (Ignore if there is no such file).
- Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
- Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. (Ignore this step if there is no such file).
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. (Ignore this step if there is no such file).
- Step 7: Check the following options in Odin:
- Auto Reboot
- F. Reset Time
- Re-Partition (if you selected a .PIT file)
- Step 8: HIT the Start button in Odin and your installation should start now! Hold on; it will take a couple of minutes to complete.
- Step 9: Once the installation is complete, your phone will reboot. Unplug your device and you are done!
Your Galaxy phone has been updated to Official Firmware. Check Setting>About Phone to verify!
- If the device is not detected by Odin or the COM port doesn’t lighten up — You must be sure that you Kies is completely disabled and have properly installed Samsung USB drivers. Still doesn’t work? Try using a different USB cable or switch to a different USB port.
- If you See a ‘FAIL!’ message in Odin — This can be of many reasons like you may not be using the correct firmware/Odin tool, or the USB connection could be different. For such cases, Simply force shutdown the device and restart the procedure from step #1.
- If the device enters a boot loop or it doesn’t go the past Samsung logo — Simply reboot into stock recovery and perform a factory data reset. To do that, power off the device. Then hold the [Volume up] + [Home/ Bixby] and [Power] key simultaneously for a few seconds. On the “No Command” screen, hold the power button and tap the [Volume up] key once. Once in entering the stock recovery, select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ button and confirm the selection.