If you own an Android device and you need to flash in the official ROM(firmware). With the official ROM, you can get OTA Updates and another benefit the device manufacturing is giving to their users. Here is how to flash in stock ROM.
Before you start to flash the stock ROM, please make sure you make a back up of the previous rom. A charged battery is required to be the process. We will not be responsible if anything goes wrong, Good luck.
Why you need for MSM Download Tools
- Downgrade or Upgrade your phone.
You can use the MSM Download Tools to flash Stock rom to downgrade your smartphone or upgrade your phone to Android KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo or later. It depends on the release of the firmware or your choice if the option is available.
- Unbrick any smartphone.
Like we said before, you can use the Spreadtrum Upgrade Tool to completely unbrick any bricked smartphone. Smartphones can be bricked in the process of rooting or flashing a custom firmware or rom or recovery.
- Unroot any phone.
You can also use your smartphone stock firmware to completely unroot any smartphone. You also can regain your warranty by properly flashing the official stock firmware. It can be done by reverting back to the official stock firmware of your phone if your smartphone has tampered.
- Fix Issues on your smartphone.
Your smartphone might develop an issue which might be unknown to it you, if it a software related issue, you can restore and fix it by flashing the stock firmware for your smartphone. Today, we are presenting all the Official Firmware, both Official releases and updates following it. You can download all your smartphone Firmware here. If you experience any problem with any of the files, don’t hesitate to tell us.
Requirements to flash Stock Firmware ROM with MSM Download Tools
Steps to flash An Android phone using MSM Download Tools
- First of all, Download the file required above and extract it on your computer.
- Now in the extracted folder, Run the file named MsmDownloadTool V3.0.exe as an administrator
- When you see the screen Load firmware, now turn off your phone
- Connect your phone to PC using USB Cable while pressing the VOLUME UP button.
- Then Click Start to Being the Flashing. Wait until the installation completes.
- Once you see the “Download complete” message, you can unplug your phone from PC.
If the MSM Download Tools didn’t detect your smartphone, you might need to press the volume down or up button but do not power your phone. If you don’t install all the necessary drivers, you may experience issues detecting your phone with the PC.